Monday, January 7, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0: Scientific Experiment

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team
Today's mini challenge is called Scientific Experiment and it is hosted by The Bookish Barbies. The whole idea is that your a scientist and have figured out how to bring two characters back from novels for 30 days. You get to pick a boyfriend and a best friend from any novel you want. Here are my picks:

For Boyfriend:

Noah Shaw from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- Heck, I'd be happy to have Noah Shaw for twenty minutes. With his Biritsh accent, smoldering looks and wicked streak, he's pretty much the perfect fictional guy. He's always so sweet and I love how supportive he is of Mara. Bascially, it'd be really neat to pick his brain. We get a taste of the person he is underneath in The Evolution but I want more. Plus, I'd just want to hear him talk.

For Best Friend:

Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth- I love how smart and brave Tris is. She isn't unnaturally brave either because oftentimes, the things she accomplishes terrifies her but she does then anyway. She interesting because she never does what I expect and I think that would make her an awesome friend!


Sidenote: I wonder if these two would get along with each other? They're very different but I get the feeling that Noah would love how teenie Tris was.
Which two characters would you choose to bring to life for 30 days?

My Update for the Day:

Monday

Pages read today: 40
Total number of pages read: 40
Total number of books I've read: (Still reading) 1
Books: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


3 comments:

  1. This is really hard!!!! Boyfriend would be either Sam from the Shiver series, Jem from Infernal Devices, or Jace from Mortal Instruments. (and that's the narrowed down list)Best friend would be Anna from Anna and the French Kiss or Max from Maximum Ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices, Amber! I think Tris would be a fabulous choice for a best friend, since she's so tough and just plain awesome. I think her unexpected nature would also make for a fabulous best friend as well.

    Also, you're doing great so far in this readathon! I'm excited to see what you think of Beautiful Creatures. =)

    Good luck, and happy reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah is pretty swoon worthy! Tris would be a good friend and maybe she could teach me to get over some of my fear and be dauntless! Good luck with bout of books! I'm doing it too, but hopefully I'll end up reading more than I did today!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen