Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 6.0 Goals

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team


I just finished editing my WIP and as a reward to myself, I decided to sign up last minute for this read-a-thon! I've done them in the past and they are super fun so here goes nothing!

Books to read:

  • Finish Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • Otherborn by Anna Silver
  • Liv and Roar by Veronica Rossi
  • Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
Goals:
  • Finish two books
  • Visit 5 blogs a day
  • Participate in one mini-challenge a day
  • Update everyday
  • Write up reviews and HEEs for every book I finish
Updates:

Monday
Pages read today: 40
Total number of pages read: 40
Total number of books I've read: (Still reading) 1
Books: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Tuesday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:


Wednesday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

Thursday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

Friday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

Saturday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

Sunday
Pages read today:
Total number of pages read:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

11 comments:

  1. First off, congrats for finishing your WIP! *throws confetti* A readathon is fabulous reward, in my opinion. ;) You've got some fabulous books lined up though! I forgot to put Roar & Liv on my TBR list, but I'm going to be reading that one, along with a reread of UtNS and then, FINALLY TtEN! :D I'm also really curious to see what you think of Nobody, since I've seen a few mixed reviews.

    Good luck with your goals, and happy reading Amber! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm pretty happy and am even more excited to be rewarding myself.

      I've been hearing mixed reviews about Nobody too. Hopefully I like it.

      Delete
  2. YAY for finishing your WIP!! #hashtag!!!!!

    Good luck on the reading sweets! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks #hashtaghomie!

      Hopefully this reading thing sticks this week. I'm going to need something to distract myself from the fact that my book is now out there in people's hands...

      Delete
    2. *bites nails*
      You know you can always send #Ashtag all gangster after anyone who says anything bad ;)

      Delete
  3. 1. Congrats on finishing your WIP :]
    2. Your blog is ADORABLE!
    3. Our blogs were DEFINITELY made for each other! :]
    4. Good luck with your read-a-thon goals!
    5. So great to meet you, I will definitely be checking your blog out often :]

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! i will be waiting to read your review of beautiful creature

    take care and have fun this week^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing editing! What a great selection of books for BoB, I really need to read UtNS, maybe I should add it as one of my goal books!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Beautiful Creatures before the movie comes out. How are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm halfway through Beautiful Creatures and love it so far. I haven't heard of the two next to it (onward to Goodreads!), but the other two are on my to-read list! :)

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen