Thursday, January 24, 2013

An Awesome Gift Idea

I posted about my husband doing shadow boxes before on the blog when he first started out but I wanted to do another post now so you can see just how beautiful and versatile they are.

Basically what he does is takes an image, simplifies the style and then proceeds to cut that image out of paper card stock from scratch. All his computer mock-ups are free so you will get a pretty decent idea of how your box will look before he starts.

For a regular box (not too advanced in design) he is charging $45 plus shipping. This includes the frame.

For a premium box he is charging $60 plus shipping. Also includes the frame.

Here is his commission info so you can see how awesome they are and how exact the digital mock-ups are to the finished product:
Here are a few of my favorite boxes he's completed so far:

Bumblebee:

DJ Pon3:

Princess Celestia:

Princess Luna:

Twilight Sparkle:

Harry Potter:

He can pretty much do anything at this point. Maybe you are a Whovian like myself and want him to do an awesome Dalek or you love Supernatural and want one of the brothers leaning against their car. I'm still holding him to his promise to make me one of Toothless from How to Train You Dragon or perhaps you want a custom mockingjay from The Hunger Games. The possibilities are endless and it is sure to be something unique that no one else will have.

These all look even better in person with the definition popping off the wall. I highly suggest snatching up one for yourself and if you are feeling particularly generous, you might even want to get one for a friend. Bumblebee up there is going out as a Valentine's Day gift. That is one lucky guy!

Anyway, I wanted to update you all and hope you'll take a look around his gallery. I am so proud of him right now that I could burst!

4 comments:

  1. Those are great! Bumblebee looks totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are beautiful - your husband is very talented! I'm off to peruse the gallery and will keep them in mind for gifts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen