Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cover Alerts- The Retribution of Mara Dyer & More!

There are several covers that appeared on the interwebs which you have just got to know about. Sit on down and check them out! Hold all questions and comments until the end please. =P

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Retribution of Mara Dyer is the last book in the Mara Dyer Trilogy. 
It will be out Fall 2013
Retribution is out 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.

That lights kind of dim really low and the chorus of angels hits all their best notes every time I look at this cover. I've always loved the Mara Dyer covers but this one blows the other two out of the water. I love that they have progressively gotten lighter and this one draws my eye all over the place. Just yes please.

Also, I can has yesterday because really Michelle, that ending slapped my face and it is still stinging.

Mistwalker by Saundra Mitchell
When Willa Dixon’s brother dies on the family lobster boat, her father forbids Willa from stepping foot on the deck again. With her family suffering, she’ll do anything to help out—even visiting the Grey Man. 
Everyone in her small Maine town knows of this legendary spirit who haunts the lighthouse, controlling the fog and the fate of any vessel within his reach. But what Willa finds in the lighthouse isn’t a spirit at all, but a young man trapped inside until he collects one thousand souls. 
Desperate to escape his cursed existence, Grey tries to seduce Willa to take his place. With her life on land in shambles, will she sacrifice herself?
Mistwalker is out February 4th 2014 by Harcourt Children's Books.

I love that this cover captures the sort of dreamy, dreary feel of summary and the small Maine town while also managing to look a bit magical. At first I thought the girl's pose might be weird but I like that it looks like she stopped mid-walk and noticed the lighthouse. I'm digging this one.

Control by Lydia Kang
After the violent death of her father, 17 year-old Zelia loses her younger sister, Dylia, during an abduction at a foster care agency. It turns out her sister Dylia isn’t just pretty and sweet – she’s illegal. In the year 2150, DNA must be pure by law, and anyone with enhanced genes face death. Zelia’s only allies are the freak-show inhabitants of her new, underground foster home. Along with the unexpected love of a very strange boy, she will need her flaws and their illicit traits to save the only family she has left.
Control is out December 19th 2013 by Dial Books for Young Readers.

Sadly, I think this cover is pretty awful. I guess it's boy friendly but it doesn't exactly jump out of me as something I have to have. Luckily, the summary does and the fact that Mary Lindsey (Shattered Souls) is excited about the release. Yay!

What do you guys think about these covers?

2 comments:

  1. oh god!"!!! the Mara Dyer cover!!!
    PERFECTION!!
    I'm so with you on that one... now I just have to get book #2 :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Retribution of Mara Dyer cover! That series has some of my favorite covers ever.

    Control also has an awesome cover. I've never heard of it till now but it sounds AMAZING. Definitely going on my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen