Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Recommend

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they post a subject and the goal is to answer the question with your top ten picks. Once you've done it, link back to The Broke and the Bookish and check out what other bloggers have to say!
Top Ten Books I Recommend
This is an awesome list to make. I love the uplifting ones so I was stoked when I find out that I could talk about some of my favorite books today. Check out my top ten most recommended books!

1) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- It's true that I love this book but I don't get to recommend it ery much any more. The reason why? Everyone has read (and loved) it! But when I was first reading it, no one I knew had so I got to put it in the hands of everyone I loved. It's an oldie but a goodie.

2) Divergent by Veronica Roth- As I was reading this book, I was sucked into the world the way I hadn't been in a long time. I was late going to dinner with a friend but I finished the book and brought it with me so she could read it. It took my breath away and I still recommend it to everyone I know!

3) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- Omg, this prose is simply incredible. Couple this with amazing characters, a fast paced plot and a little mystery and I had to give it to all my friends.

4) A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray- Really I recommend this entire series. It is so full of magic and I love how wild and dangerous it is. I like my witches to feel just a little off, to have something beautiful feel just slightly off-kilter a la Time Burton and this series excels at it!

5) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I think by the time I read this book, I was a little over dsytopians. I had read a lot of them recently and some really good ones so I was pretty sure nothing would strike me like the others had. I was so, so wrong.

6) The Unbecoming/Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- This is another book the swept me up by me feet and took me on an adventure. I loved not being able to tell what was real or what was going along with Mara. Now, so do all my friends!

7) The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins- This is another series I don't get to recommend much anymore because everyone has read them but after I finished, I just raved about them. My hubby even read them (and he is not a reader). It was so weird to walk into the house for a few days and see him with his nose stuck in a book.

8) Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer- I know, another uninspired answer but I did really recommend this to everyone I know. Loved it then and though I'm not wild about all the craze that has come with it sense it become a film, I still do like the books.

9) If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This book shook me to my core. The beautiful prose and gripping story lead me through all emotions in one sitting and kept me reading until the last (tear) drop.

10) 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher- This is the first YA contemporary novel I ever read and it opened my eyes. I always thought I liked stories about far off places (and a prince in disguise!) but this made me realize that grounded in reality can be just as entertaining.

Which books made your list?

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, we have VERY similar taste! I would definitely recommend Harry Potter, Divergent, Shatter Me, Mara Dyer, if I Stay as well as The Host and some other books!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness If I Stay breaks my heart. It was on my list as well. I have heard good things about A Great and Terrible Beauty (and I have on my ereader), but I haven't read it yet. So many books so little time.

    Great list,

    ~Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY is like the only series that we strongly disagree on. I really disliked those books, for various reasons. I think Libba Bray is hilarious and fab in person, but that just didn't translate to those books IMHO. I ended up giving away all 3 of them because they kinda pissed me off. (I know, strong feelings, right? Crazy.) But I'm with you on a lot of these other ones, especially SHATTER ME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen