Friday, March 22, 2013

A (Greek) Fairy Tale in Photos- Athena


Every Friday, I tell you a fairy tale exclusively through photos but now that I'm bringing it back, we're going to the Greek Gods! Get ready for some good times. Each week is a different theme and I search through Deviantart to find you the best of the best--whether they be pretty or spooky. All are welcome here! None of these photos are mine and you can always find a link to the proper owners underneath the photo in the caption area!

This week we are going to war wit hthe Goddess that oversees it. When I was little I loved Athena because she was powerful. After learning more about her misdeeds as an adult, I like her a little less (poor Medusa) but these photos are all awesome.

1)
Korpsus
 2)

artraged
3)
Ankhesenamon
4)
Cola92
5)
hellsign
6)
Giorgiacosplay
7)
Draken413o
8)

hellsign
9)
mikeyfocus
10)
Giorgiacosplay
11)
sarafina11
12)
meinechka
13)
laether-mad
14)
MindFall
15)
Alexamadden
16)
Nerdgurl17
17)
MeiWai
I was surprised with the amount of gorgeous Athena photos I find. I particularly love photo 6. It reminds me a lot of the old (and better) Nightshade cover by Andrea Cremer. I also like photo 15 a lot too.

Which are your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! I especially love the 13th and 15th. Stunning. Athena had been one of my favorite of the Greek gods/goddesses, even with deeds like Medusa -- she was kind of a mysterious figure, a wise figure but still prone to the tempers of the others gods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #1... I just love that type of art that looks old and from Greece!!! My favorite posts!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen