Thursday, March 14, 2013

Divergent Casting News

I've reported before about casting news on Divergent because I am super looking forward to the movie. Shailene Woodley has been cast in the lead role as Tris Prior, the small girl that transfers from Abnegation (who values selflessness) to Dauntless (which values strength).

We're still waiting on Four casting news but I have seen that one actor has confirmed he will not be playing Four.

Alexander Ludwig has Tweeted that he will not taking on the role of Four as he says "it is too much like Hunger Games".

But I have read that other parts have been casted and confirmed. So are you ready to meet more of the cast?

Maggie Q as Tori (a tattoo artist that helps Tris)
I didn't really have a clear picture of Tori besides "tattoos" so I don't have strong feelings about this chioce either way. I think she'll do a great job if they rough her up a little through the magic of makeup.

Zoe Kravitz as Christina (A Dauntless Recruit and Tris's Friend)
This isn't how I pictured Christina at all but I have to admit that I really like the casting for Christina. I haven't seen Kravitz in too much (just X-Men: First Class and It's Kind of a Funny Story) but I think she'll do well in this role.

Ansel Elgort as Caleb Prior (Tris's Brother)
I think this is a good casting, especially since he and Woodley (see below) look like they could be related. He hasn't been in anything so I have no idea how good of an actor he is but I'm definitely willing to find out.


Jai Courtney as Eric (Dauntless Leader)
This one really threw me for a loop. I remember Eric being very young so this guy looks a little older than I thought and for some reason, I always pictured him as kind of short and a little bit...less than Four. I guess I pictured him making up for his small stature by being meaner. I hope they'll be able to cast a Four that will contrast well with Courtney. So this is an "if"-y casting choice for me.

Kate Winslet has also been attached to Divergent for a long time on IMDB. I wonder who she might play. I'm hoping it is Tris's mother. I think she'd do that part well.

So what do you guys think about the recent casting news?

2 comments:

  1. I still can't get over who they chose to play Tris. Like...really?! Lololol But maybe she'll surprise us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot who Tori was so thanks for this post and OMG MAGGIE Q IS PERFECT for her!! that picture of Christina is a bit misleading because there are pictures of her that are totally different from this one. You are right about Eric, he seems a bit too old..

    now I am waiting for the Four news.. more like dreading.. I don't want to be disappointed like I was with Tris :(

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen