Basically, you have to pick a level and try to read as many books in that level as possible. The catch is that they have to be from 2011 or earlier. No ARCs or 2012 debuts allowed. I figured this challenge would give me a good mixture of new and old novels and might even get my TBR pile down.
The best part? There will be monthly prizes! Each month, one of the hostesses of the Challenge will post up a wrap-up post and if you post too, you could win a prize!
For more info on rules and such, head over to Bookish and get the full lowdown!
As for me, here's what I propose for myself for 2012:
I'm choosing the 21-30 Level called Sweet Kiss.
Here are a few books that I will read in 2012 (hopefully sooner?):
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- Passion by Lauren Kate
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
- Crossed by Ally Condie
- Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Past Perfect by Leila Sales
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
- The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
That's my list thus far. It is certainly subject to change but I have to say, I'm very happy with it. If this challenge interests you, you should sign up too!