Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting on Wedneaday (11): Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.


Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler 


“Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”

Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons? 



Ever since I first saw this cover and read the summary a few months back I've been salivating at the mouth. This is mythical creature I've yet to see in YA fiction and can't wait to read it. I've been hearing nothing but good things about this novel. I can't wait much longer which is fortunate since it comes out very soon!


It comes out October 18, 2010.




YA Love Triangle Week


Run over and sign up for my YA Love Triangle where there will be guest posts and prizes for a whole week focusing on love triangles in YA fiction. You can check out the RULES here. I still need some people to step up for teams. Anyone who guest posts will get put in a special drawing and will have better chances of winning a prize.


Still need someone to fight for them:

  • Team Zane from The Uglies Series
  • Team Bill from The Sookie Stackhouse Series (True Blood)
  • Team Damon from The Vampire Diaries
  • Team Shay from Nightshade
Don't see your favorite love triangles up there? Check the list and then email me to add them!

12 comments:

  1. Hunger's on my wishlist too - sounds like an interesting take on eating disorders.

    And there's gotta be a Team Zane supporter somewhere! I know you're out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to read this over the weekend and decided to wait until after the read-a-thon. Hope it is as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another WOW poster had book two, Rage, as their choice this week and this series sounds beyond awesome! Hope you enjoy it!
    Find Ragan’s WOW at Location 2571

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one did look really good! great pick! PS did you get my email about the team post... I think I sent it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually gotten this one from Netgally. :) I can't wait to read it! (I have a few other obligations first and then I'll be reading it xD)

    And UGH I can't believe you have Nightshade! So jealous of you! xP

    ReplyDelete
  6. The premise of Hunger seems very unique! I am not normally a fan of really dark fiction but I may have to give this one a try.

    Great pick. Thanks, also, for stopping by my blog. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this book looks amazing, and seems like it would have a great message.

    PS I finished nightshade last night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this one! It sounds amazing!! great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about Hunger! Not too long to wait now---just a few more day! Enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hunger keeps intriguing me more and more. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this book in my TBR pile. I thought it was coming out in December! LOL I need to read it for review. Whooops!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen