Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dark Days of Supernatural Tour: Interview with Jill Hathaway

Today, I've got Jill Hathaway on the blog, talking about all the big moments in her life curtsy of HarperTeen's biggest Dark Days of Supernatural Tour. In case you don't know, Jill Hathaway's debut novel Slide came out recently.


1) What was your biggest motivation for writing SLIDE?


I wrote it during National Novel Writing Month with my students. I wanted to set a good example. Also, I wanted to find out what happened!

2) I'm sure writing a book is up there, but what is your biggest dream?

I'd like to run a marathon someday. I ran a half-marathon about five years ago, but I'd really love to do the whole thing.

3) Last year, what was your biggest surprise?

Um, my pregnancy!

4) This year, what's your biggest goal?

I want to enjoy every moment and also spend lots of time with my family.

5) If you're going on a vacation, what's the biggest must-bring item?

My iPad. That way, I can take as many books as I want!

6) Who has been your biggest inspiration?

My agent, Sarah Davies, has pushed me to be my very best, and I am so thankful for that.

7) What's your biggest fear?

House centipedes.

8) As a teen, what was the biggest thing you didn't want other people to know?

I didn't want other people to know how insecure I was.

9) What is your biggest memory?

Being afraid to fall asleep because the Precious Moments figurines in my room might come to life and try to kill me.
 
Thanks so much to Jill Hathaway for answering my questions and to HarperTeen for putting together such an amazing tour! Don't forget to check out Jill Hathaway's debut novel Slide! You can view my review here.
Stay connected to all things Dark Days on the Pitch Dark Facebook page, including exclusive content features every Wednesday!

Leg 4-
4/3 Kimberly Derting at Confessions of a Bookaholic
4/5 Jill Hathaway at Down the Rabbit Hole
4/10 Kimberly Derting at Confessions of a Bookaholic
4/12 Jill Hathaway at Down the Rabbit Hole
4/17 Dan Wells at Bookalicious

Culminating in:

Leg 4

Kimberly Derting (THE LAST ECHO), Jill Hathaway (SLIDE), and Dan Wells (PARTIALS)

April 18th @ 7pm | Books & Co | Dayton, OH | Supernatural Snark
April 19th @ 7pm | Anderson’s Bookshop | Naperville, IL | Live to Read
April 20th @ 7pm | Barnes & Noble | Burlington, MA | Books Complete Me

1 comment:

  1. Umm...Precious Moments dolls killing her? Creepy! Also cool to see that another author got published after doing NaNoWriMo - I'd heard that Julie Kagawa was the same. Very cool! Great interview! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen