Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bout of Books: Mini-Challenge: Day 2

Today for Bout of Books Read-a-thon I plan on getting a lot more done. We accidently found a kitten yesterday and I haven't gotten too much done since.

So today's challenge is hosted by Picked by Poison and the point is to pick a paranormal novel and turn it into a movie by casting people for it!

This is a pretty difficult challenge and I'm going to have to use a YA paranormal.

My choice is... The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. 
It can. 
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. 
There is. 
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 
She's wrong.
My pick of Mara would be...Jane Levy


 I was originally thinking it would be Emma Stone but I felt she was a bit too old. Then I remember how much Jane Levy from Subgatory reminded me of her. Jane Levy is awesome at delivering snarky lines without seeming like a jerk and she's instantly likable. I think Mara would need both of these features since she is a bit of a downer sometimes.

My pick for Noah is...Shiloh Fernandez
I always pictured Noah as slight, dark and mysterious. I think Shiloh gives that off in waves and he's got the prefect look about him. His face just looks like he's up to no good.

There are other characters but these would be my picks for the main two.

What do you think of my choices?

Pages: 70
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books: 0

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jane Levey really fits who I was picturing! This is a fun post idea!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's cute and perfect for Mara...ummm..he's...I dont know..I cant get past that V..I will get back to you on him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Noah is perfect! I always pictured Mara as Pakistani or of mixed race; I don't know if it's mentioned in the book or whether I'm remembering hearing the author talk about the inspiration for the story, which came from an encounter with a woman and her daughter while she worked as a lawyer. I'm probably mixing things up...

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen