Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (61): My Life Next Door, Kissing Shakespeare and So Close To You

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time." 
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen year old Samantha wishes she was one of them… until the day Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. 
Jase can sense that his beautiful neighbor is missing something in her sterile home, and as the two fall fiercely in love, his family makes her one of their own. 
But when the bottom drops out of Sam's world, which perfect family will save her–and will her perfect love survive? 
Set among the haves and have-nots of a coastal New England town, My LIFE NEXT DOOR captures the angst, the heartache, and the raw-nerve emotions of first time love—and biting loss.
Why I need this:  This looks like such a cute read! I don't mention it often but I fell in love with Megan Meade's Guide To McGowan Boys by Kate Brian and this story reminds me a bit of it. Plus, that cover is adorable!


My Life Next Door is out June 14, 2012 from Dial Books for Young Readers.


Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle

Miranda has Shakespeare in her blood: she hopes one day to become a Shakespearean actor like her famous parents. At least, she does until her disastrous performance in her school’s staging of The Taming of the Shrew. Humiliated, Miranda skips the opening-night party. All she wants to do is hide. 
Fellow cast member, Stephen Langford, has other plans for Miranda. When he steps out of the backstage shadows and asks if she’d like to meet Shakespeare, Miranda thinks he’s a total nutcase. But before she can object, Stephen whisks her back to 16th century England—the world Stephen’s really from. He wants Miranda use her acting talents and modern-day charms on the young Will Shakespeare. Without her help, Stephen claims, the world will lost its greatest playwright. 
Miranda isn’t convinced she’s the girl for the job. Why would Shakespeare care about her? And just who is this infuriating time traveler, Stephen Langford? Reluctantly, she agrees to help, knowing that it’s her only chance of getting back to the present and her “real” life. What Miranda doesn’t bargain for is finding true love…with no acting required.
Why I need this: I love a good time travel story and I'm especially intrigued because it has a famous person as a character in it. This books sounds like a whole lot of fun!


Kissing Shakespeare is out August 14, 2012 from Delacorte Books.


So Close To You by Rachel Carter 

So Close to You brims with the compelling “what if” mysteries surrounding The Time Traveler’s Wife and all of the the action and creepy government experiments of The Maze Runner—and, in a new twist, presents a piercing look at a dark period in history and imagines what changes could have produced an utterly different world...and what one girl would do to stop it. 
Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the experiments that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who’ve disappeared over the years. When she stumbles into a vessel that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, Lydia realizes that all the stories she’s ever heard about the Montauk Project are true—and that she’s in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history. 
Alongside Wes, a darkly mysterious boy whom she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices. And if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them...and herself.
Why I need this: I love this slue of big bad corporations coming out hiding supernatural powers. This looks like a lot of adventure and I can't get enough of The Time Traveler's Wife so I know this one's for me!


So Close To You is out July 10, 2012 from HarperTeen.


What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. I want to read all three of these! I hadn't heard of So Close to You before but it sounds like a great action-packed mystery - thanks so much for putting it on my radar :) My Life Next Door looks really cute and Kissing Shakespeare has time travel, which is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the second title, and I love the sound of it! Thanks for featuring these titles - I'm excited about them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kissing Shakespeare sounds pretty good :)
    I love your picks !!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen