Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (58): The Demon Catchers of Milan, Devine Intervention & Dark Storm

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to. This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer
About an American teenager whose life is changed when she learns she’s a member of an ancient Italian family of demon hunters.
Why I need this: Well, I have to be honest. This has a lot to do with the cover. It's absolutely gorgeous and I like the odd color combo of purple and yellow. Absolutely amazing! Plus, I can't resist an ancient Italian family that hunts demon hunters!


The Demon Catchers of Milan is out August 28, 2012 from EgmontUSA.
 Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough

Heavenly writing, earthy characters, and humor that is wicked as hell. 
Heidi is seventeen. Insecure. Unkissed. Unremarkable, she thinks, in every way but one: She has a guardian angel, Jerome, who whispers in her ear all day long, amusing her, confusing her, but hardly ever saying anything that might help her discover who she's meant to be. 
Jerome is also seventeen (for the seventeenth year in a row.) There is only one thing he needs to do to graduate from heaven's soul rehabilitation program for wayward teenagers: Follow the 10 Commandments for the Dead, and in doing so, keep Heidi safe. Instead, he accidentally lets her drown. 
Plucked from her body before she ever truly lives, Heidi wants more than anything to say goodbye to her family and best friend. Jerome, afraid he's going to be sent to the lowest level of Hell, wants to sneak her into heaven before he gets caught. 
Neither realizes that Heidi has only 24 hours before her soul dissolves forever. And that might not be enough time for them to figure out how they were meant to live.
Why I need this: This novel sounds really sweet. It's sad that she dies but I think it sounds like a fun adventure novel. Plus, I know that cover isn't final but I really like it. 


Devine Intervention is out June 2012 from Arthur A. Levine.


Dark Storm by Sarah Singleton
Ellie is staying with her maternal grandparents for the summer, while her recently bereaved dad takes off on holiday with his new girlfriend. Upset by his apparent callousness, missing her mother, and jealous for her dad's attention, she begins to spiral into depression. Her grandparents suggest she joins a local theatre group, to meet people her own age and get away from the dark thoughts that threaten to engulf her. But then she gets roped into a seance at the theatre, and is the only one who actually sees a real ghost. Now a spirit is contacting her from beyond the grave - and as the dead boy's story unfolds, Ellie finds herself falling in love with him. But if she solves his mystery and helps release his soul, will he be lost to her forever?
Why I need this: Doesn't this sound like a fun mystery? I feel sorry for Ellie but I think it's cool that she is falling for a ghost. I'm a huge fan of Casper so this is right up my alley.


Dark Storm is out March 2012  from Simon & Schuster.


What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, these all look great! I especially love the sound of Devine Intervention and Dark Storm! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! All three books sound potentially great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devine Intervention was one of my WoW picks this week too! A lot of paranormal angel books are so serious so I'm glad to see this one's taking a more light-hearted approach. Dark Storm looks very cool as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books, and I haven't heard from them before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Demon Catchers of Milan does have a pretty cover. It would have caught my eye, too, but the Italian setting completely wins me over. I'll be adding this one to my TBR list. I love the moody cover of Dark Storm, so it's too bad I'm not such a fan of ghosts. They're too...ephemeral, which doesn't make for good kissing scenes.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks like always!
    Love these titles already!



    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen