Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Tunes (16)


Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song. So snag yourself a button, write a post and link up at the bottom of the page!

The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

From Goodreads:
For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.
The Tune: So Cold by Breaking Benjamin

The Lyrics:

Crowded streets all cleared away
One by One
Hollow heroes separate
As they run

You're so cold
Keep your hand in mine
Wise men wonder while
Strong men die
[Chorus]

Show me how it end it's alright
Show me how defenseless you really are
Satisfy an empty inside
That's alright, let's give this another try

If you find your family, don't you cry
In this land of make-believe, dead and dry

You're so cold, but you feel alive
Lay your hands on me one last time
[Chorus x2]
It's alright [x9] 


Why this tune?:
Gemma has just found out she can feel recently and there are these cold creatures chasing her around. This song completely reminds me of how Al;ex has to feel when he's near her. She always mentions how warm his skin in, feeling the height deep into her own so it seemed like the perfect song choice!


What do you think about my song this week? Does the book you're reading have a great song to definite it?

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm a huge music lover myself and whenever I'm reading my brain leaps all over the place making song connections, lol. Great post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this meme before but it sounds so fun! I think I might join in sometime. Loving the song you picked, by the way.

    Please pop on over and leave a lovely comment on our review of Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen