1) I asked how long you usually like your reviews to be:
As you can see, most of you said you preferred them to be medium-sized so about 3 to 4 paragraphs. I have been adjusting my reviews accordingly lately and have noticed more people are commenting.
2) I asked if you care about spoilers:
This one surprised me because I don't care too much about spoilers but a lot of you did!
3) Next, I asked if you read the entire review or skimmed it:
This one was pretty even and went along the lines of what I though it would. The majority of people skim the reviews. I asked those the skimmed to tell me what parts they usually read. Most people saidL
- The beginning and the ending
- The writer's thoughts
- If the reader would recommend the novel
- The first couple lines of each paragraph
- The author's favorite things
- Reviewer's likes and dislikes
4) When do you prefer ARC reviews to come out?
As you can see, this is a close one. It seems the sweet spot is anywhere from 1 month to 1 week before the novel comes out.
5) How often do you comment on reviews?
This one also surprised me. It was pretty evenly divided. I followed this by asking what would make you comment on a review more often. The most common answer was to as ka question at the end of each review.
I've been using this format lately and have noticed a rise in my comments. Thanks so much for everyone that took this survey! You really helped me make my blog better and I hope the findings help you make your blog better too!