Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Time Will Come (26): Heist Society by Ally Carter


The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.*

Want to join in?:
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

Heist Society by Ally Carter
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected. 
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help. 
For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.
I feel like I repeat myself a lot here but again, the main reason I haven't read this one is time constraints. I've got a tbr pile that's out of control and this is just one of the novels in it. Shame really because I've heard this series is a lot of fun and I know at one point it was picked up to be made into a movie with Drew Barrymore attached to it.

What has been on your shelf too long?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you do get to this series, I read the first one and I LOVED it. It has some great characters and a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this one to read as well, and I hope I get a chance to read it soon because it looks FANTASTIC! I love books that are quirky and fun to read. There are just not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the first book! Lots of fun especially since she's technically a "bad guy". Gotta read the second one now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read it. This is a really fun book to read with all the smart tricks. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen