Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (27): Wildfire by Karsten Knight


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming books you're looking forward to.

This is a wonderful chance for blogger to show off what's coming out soon that they are excited about! Every week my wishlist balloons thanks to this awesome meme.


Wildfire by Karsten Knight

Ashline Wilde never received an instruction manual on how to be a 16-year-old Polynesian volcano goddess. If she had, it might have contained helpful warnings such as:

• Dreaming about your (thankfully) mortal boyfriend may cause your bed to spontaneously combust
• Oven mitts should be worn at all times during heavy make-out sessions

Instead, Ash has to learn these life lessons the hard way as her dormant powers erupt at the most awkward times. In the wake of a hometown tragedy, Ash transfers to Blackwood Academy, a boarding school nestled in California’s redwoods, where a group of fellow gods-on-earth have mysteriously convened. As if sophomore year couldn’t get any worse, her storm goddess older sister, the wild and unpredictable Eve, resurfaces to haunt Ashline. With a war between the gods looming over Blackwood, Ash must master the fire smoldering within her before she clashes with her sister one final time, which leads us to life-lesson #3:

• When warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm. 

Holy mother of pearl, that's one sleek looking cover. I am in love with it! Then I got me a load of the summary and I was hooked! I love the concept for this novel and the little fun rules are a great touch. You can bet I'm anxiously waiting for this one!

Wildfire is out from Simon & Schuster on July 26, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like it really is funny. Might be worth picking it up and with that cover I would be intrigued right away (I know it's a bad habit, but I like good covers.) Too bad it's still so long to go.
    Nahno ∗ McLein

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one either. Not only is the cover absalutely beautiful but it sounds great too. Really good pick! :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also my WoW this week! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was ours this week too! Sounds so awesome and of course, gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds quite unique! Excellent IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DYING for this one! I LOVE the cover & it sounds like a fab story.

    Mary
    The Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen