Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Time Will Come (38): Daughter of Smoke and Bone

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.

Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky at Books for Company
- Visit the other blogs!

Around the world, black hand prints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.
 
When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
Yes, I know this officially makes me a bad person for not reading this book. Like with so many others on my shelf, the only reason I haven't read this one is purely about time. Truth be told, I'm hearing so many good things about this one and it's sequel that I'm the tiniest bit scared. What if it can't live up to my expectations? Eep! But I will get to this one in 2013. I've decided it will be my treat for finishing the second rewrite on my current WIP.

What's been sitting on your book shelf unread for too long?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I've got the same "problem" like you :D
    Here in Germany all the others read this book, but I haven't got the time to do. I become almost everyday or every second day a new book and try to read them, but then there's no time to read other books ;)

    Sorry, maybe my English isn't the best, but I try to learn more and more by reading englisch books. (That's not as hard as I thought! It makes me so happy, that I understand nearly every word!)


    Like your Blog!

    Greets,
    Jana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl, you need to make reading this one a priority FOR SURE. It's so, so, SO good. I can't even. I bow at Laini Taylor's greatness. And the second one is EVEN BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this book and hope you do as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen