Emilie's Book World and Lost at Midnight Reviews and is a challenge to get us to finish up some series which I adore!
Here are the rules:
- Runs from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
- Goal is to catch up on as many series as possible
- Two ways to meet your goal: number of books you've read to catch up series/number of series you've caught up on.
- On the first of each month there will be a post here and at Lost at Midnight Reviews so you can link up your reviews. For every review you link, you get one entry into a monthly giveaway.
- There will be a big giveaway at the end of the year.
So the reason I decided to sign up for this challenge is because I have started so many series that my eyes go crossed just thinking about them but so many sequels have come out that I haven't gotten around to reading. So I figured I'd sign up for this challenge and make myself read seconds of some of the books I love.
There are two ways to go about this challege. Either by books or series. I'm choosing books. Here are the levels and the one I'm going to do is in bold:
Goals - Books Read to Catch Up on Series
1 - 5: Book Novice
6 - 10: Book Aficionado
11 - 15: Book Connoisseur
15+: Book Maniac
I'd like to read more than 15 books but it's safest for me to go with the 11 to 15 category. And now onto the fun part.
My list of potential reads:
- Silence (Hush Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Finale (Hush Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick
- City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
- City of Fallen Souls (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare
- City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare
- Captivate (Need #2) by Carrie Jones
- Entice (Need #3) by Carrie Jones
- The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2) by Bree Despain
- The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3) by Bree Despain
- Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
- Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Passion (Fallen #3) by Lauren Kate
- Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
- Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by Andrea Cremer
- Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer
- Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie
- Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie
- Swear (Swoon #2) by Nina Malkin
- A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis
- Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White
- Hidden (Vanish #3) by Sophie Jordan
...And there are so many more! This isn't even mentioning the books that come out in 2013 that are sequels to things I read in 2012 like Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi, Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi and Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton.
As you can see, I'm going to have plenty of fuel for this challenge. As long as I keep on it, I'm pretty sure I'll meet this goal easily!