- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Nua held a knife, a switchblade with a polished steel blade for her to see. His lips twisted into a menacing snarl as he touched the tip of it to Violet's neck, just below her left ear, and traced a fiery path along her jawline.
--Pg. 231 of an ARC of "The Last Echo" by Kimberly Derting
Yeah, I know what you guys are thinking. It's super lame that I left you on SUCH a cliffhanger. I mean, Violet's life is on the line at this point. I'm freaking out and I know what happens. But such is the way of this novel! I'm almost through with it and I love it. Hope everyone picks it up and that you all do too!
What's your teaser?
Top Ten Favorite Literary CharactersI don't think I could pick just ten if my life depended on it so I'm not going to think about this one too hard and I'm going to note that I'll probably miss a lot of my favorites too. So in no particular order, here is a representation of some of my favorite characters.
1) Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games by Collins
2) Bellatrix LeStrange of Harry Potter by Rowling
3) Tris from Divergent by Roth
4) Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Hodkin
5) Gemma Doyle from A Great and Terrible Beauty by Bray
6) Violet from The Body Finder by Derting
7) Riley Blackthorne from The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Oliver
8) Adam from Shatter Me by Mafi
9) Aria from Under the Never Sky by Rossi
10) Sam from Incarnate by Meadows
Honorable mentions- Four from Divergent, Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, Peeta from The Hunger Games, President Snow from The Hunger Games, Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, Professor Snape from Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Miss Moore from A Great and Terrible Beauty, Vee from Slide and Delaney from Fracture...too name a few.