1) What was your biggest motivation for writing SLIDE?
I wrote it during National Novel Writing Month with my students. I wanted to set a good example. Also, I wanted to find out what happened!
2) I'm sure writing a book is up there, but what is your biggest dream?
I'd like to run a marathon someday. I ran a half-marathon about five years ago, but I'd really love to do the whole thing.
3) Last year, what was your biggest surprise?
Um, my pregnancy!
4) This year, what's your biggest goal?
I want to enjoy every moment and also spend lots of time with my family.
5) If you're going on a vacation, what's the biggest must-bring item?
My iPad. That way, I can take as many books as I want!
6) Who has been your biggest inspiration?
My agent, Sarah Davies, has pushed me to be my very best, and I am so thankful for that.
7) What's your biggest fear?
8) As a teen, what was the biggest thing you didn't want other people to know?
I didn't want other people to know how insecure I was.
9) What is your biggest memory?
Being afraid to fall asleep because the Precious Moments figurines in my room might come to life and try to kill me.
Thanks so much to Jill Hathaway for answering my questions and to HarperTeen for putting together such an amazing tour! Don't forget to check out Jill Hathaway's debut novel Slide! You can view my review here.
Pitch Dark Facebook page, including exclusive content features every Wednesday!
4/3 Kimberly Derting at Confessions of a Bookaholic
4/5 Jill Hathaway at Down the Rabbit Hole
4/10 Kimberly Derting at Confessions of a Bookaholic
4/12 Jill Hathaway at Down the Rabbit Hole
4/17 Dan Wells at Bookalicious