1) Can you describe THE SAVAGE GRACE for us in 140 characters or less?Um, no. I've always had a problem with brevity. That's why my books are so darn long. :)
2) Tell us a little bit about what it feels like to end a series? How did you come to terms with that?I was surprised by how hard it was the say goodbye to my characters--and I coped by turning in drafts of the book without the final two chapters. I kept on refusing to write "the end" up until right before the book went to press. I wanted it to be the "perfect" ending. I'm still now sure if the "perfect" ending is something that is actually attainable, but I did get a lot of joy from one of my closest friends telling me that she thought I got the ending "just right."
3) How has the character of Grace grown throughout the story? Did her growth surprise you?The best thing about writing THE SAVAGE GRACE was getting to see just how much the characters were able to grow through the series. I really wanted to give Grace the opportunity to develop her powers and become a leader--but she ended up surpassing my expectations and developing a special talent that becomes central to the plot, and who she becomes as a person. But I can't tell you what that special talent is--you'll just have to read the book to find out!
5) If you had a time machine and could change anything about the story, what would you change and why? Or would you anything?I can't think of anything I would change. I am very happy with how everything has worked out with the story.
6) What's been your favorite moment since you've gotten published?The launch party for my first book will always stand out in my mind as one of the best moments of my life. I was blown away by how many people came out in order to support me and the book store made me feel like I was a rock star for the entire night.
7) What character from another YA novel would fit well in one of your books?Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries. Mostly just because I love him. (You and me both! I bet he would be an interesting character in your world though.)
8) Can you give us a sneak peek of one of the songs off THE SAVAGE GRACE playlist?
"Howl" by Florence + The Machine
10) What are you working on right now?I'm working on a new book that is supposed to be published in Fall 2013. It's a book I've had in my head for several years and I am so excited to finally get to write it.
Thanks so much for stopping by! You guys need to check out this series. And Egmont USA has offered up a chance for one of you guys to check out the entire series!
I've got a copy of The Dark Divine, The Lost Soul and The Savage Grace up for grabs to two lucky US readers.
- Must fill out form
- Must be 13 years or older
- May only enter once
- US giveaway only
- Giveaway ends April 25, 2012
Good luck to everyone!