Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Time Will Come (3): Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready


The Time Will Come is a weekly meme started by Books for Company which spotlights books that have been sitting unread on our shelves for too long.*
From Goodreads:

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

Why the time hasn't come:


Before book blogging, I always looked at this novel but never actually purchased. Then, after reading that some many people love it, I knew it was one I had to pick up. I've almost grabbed it off my shelf several times but would remember I needed to read this or that to review it and it gets pushed back. 


*This explanation is from the wonderful Kate of That Book Blog

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one either, though it definitely hasn't been for as long as you! After seeing so many great reviews of it, I am really looking forward to starting it! Hope you do soon, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those books that l don't remember much about apart from the fact l loved it and need to read the ending again so l can read Shift! Perfect time to read it as if you love it you can read Shift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do get to this one soon, it was GREAT, and Shift was just as good. When you do get to them I hope you enjoy them =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I have this one too! But in my defense, I have only had it a couple of weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen