Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Tunes (17)


Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song. So snag yourself a button, write a post and link up at the bottom of the page!

Mercy by Rebecca Lim
From Goodreads:
A fallen angel haunted by her past.  Yearning for her immortal beloved. Forever searching for answers. Who will show her Mercy? Mercy has lost herself. She can’t count how many times she’s “woken up” in a new body, and assumed a new life, only to move on again and again. During the day she survives in the human world on instinct and at night her dreams are haunted by him. Mercy’s heart would know him anywhere. But her memory refuses to cooperate.   
But this time is different. When Mercy wakes up she meets Ryan, an eighteen year old reeling from the loss of his twin sister who was kidnapped two years ago. Everyone else has given up hope, but Ryan believes his sister is still alive. Using a power she doesn’t fully comprehend, Mercy realizes that Ryan is right. His sister is alive and together they can find her. For the first time since she can remember, Mercy has a purpose; she can help. So she doesn’t understand why the man in her dreams cautions her not to interfere. But as Ryan and Mercy come closer to solving the dark mystery of his sister’s disappearance, danger looms just one step behind.   
Will Mercy be able to harness her true self and extraordinary power in time?   The first in a dazzling new series, Mercy masterfully weaves romance, mystery and the supernatural into a spell-binding tale.
The Tune: I Can Feel You All Around Me by Flyleaf
The Lyrics:

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

My hands float up above me
And you whisper you love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with you
I am alone and they are too with you

And so I cry
The light is white
And I see you

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you
I believe

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healed 

Why this tune?:
Everyone thinks Ryan is crazy but he feel it in his bones... his twin sister is alive. Everything in him is telling him to keep searching, to continue on when everyone has given up. This song perfectly describes his drive. He can feel her, even if no one else can. It also works for Mercy since she can "connect" with people and read into what they are feeling, where they have been.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm reading Mercy right now and this song is perfect. Thanks!

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea for a meme!

    I really want to read this book at some point too! I hope you are enjoying it :)


    I'm just about to get my blog re-designed by Lori - yours looks absolutely FAB!
    I'm an old follower :)

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to read this one. Love the song too. I have heard of Flyleaf, but had not actually listened to them. Another great song to add the the music collection. Thanks! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen