Top Ten Couples That Could Make It In Real LifeCouples that could:
1) Tris and Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth)- These two make the top of my list for one simple and all important reason and that is because their relationship is built on respect. They don't always agree, sometimes they have to go at it alone but they always respect each other. Nothing proves this better than the ending of Insurgent. I love how they encourage each other to be the best they can be and are there for each other without judgement when they know the other one needs it.
3) Violet and Jay (The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting)- I have no doubt in my mind that this couple would make it through all the rough patches and the reason why is because they were friends first. They understand that a relationship is built around honesty and trust and they've been building a foundation like that for all of their lives. I love that we've seen this couple fight and handle their problems with each other maturely. When they were going through a rough patch, Violet didn't just break up with Jay. They worked it out together.
5) Janie and Cabel (Wake by Lisa McMann)- I've read all of these novels and I have no doubt in my mind that these two would make it in real life. They are both so used to having nothing that they understand to treasure something real when they have it. Both of them are devoted to each other and respect each other.
Couples that couldn't:
2) Juliette and Adam (Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi)- Again, I love these two together a lot. I think they are wonderful and passionate and adorbs. I love that he can touch her and she feels alive because of it. But in real life, I'm not convinced that what holds them together would be enough. He went through such lengths to save her but I'm not even sure I believe his reasons in the book, much less in real life. However, I do believe that if someone comes along that can truly touch another person (metaphorically) they might have a good chance.
3) Calla and Ren (Nightshade by Andrea Cremer)- This is going only on Nightshade as I haven't read the other books but I don't think these two would make it in the long run. Ren is drop dead sexy and he and Calla definitely have a connection but she would end up resenting him for forcing her into a life she isn't sure she wants anymore. Ren represents all the things the Calla should want but can't. Plus, I can't see an arranged marriage working out.
Would-be couples that have a shot:
3) Riley and Beck (The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver)- Let's face it, these two are practically a couple but since it isn't canon yet, they go on this list. Yes, they drive each other mad but that's only because they think alike. They both see the same things, they just express them differently which makes the other think they are wrong. But they respect each other, trust the other one with their life and when they hang up all of the tension, they really do connect on a deeper level.
Which couples made your list?