Top Ten Characters in Dystopian
This was a tough one to choose because I read a good variety of genres but when I really thought about it, a lot of my favorite characters come from this one. So here's my list.
2) Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth- You can't have one half without the other. Four sees the value in Tris's strength which makes him wonderful. He respects her to make her own decisions while he makes the ones he feels necessary. He's a little rough around the edges but not too tough to admit he has feelings.
3) Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- The odds are never in Katniss's favor but she just keeps trying and trying. This girl can get through anything it is because of her grit and tough-as-nails additude that she is on this list. I knew Katniss would find a way through anything.
4) Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Peeta is just as tough but in a completely different way. Peeta manages to keep his humanity even in the worst situations which allows him to care for Katniss. I love how gentle-natured he was at heart and how that was shown as a strength in the novel too. Sweet and smart. Is there anything better?
6) Perry from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- The strong silent type. Accept, we learn that he really isn't. Watching him open up to Aria and seeing the world through his eyes made me fall in love with him.
7) Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- How can you not love Roar? He adds a fun, lightheartedness to what is otherwise, a pretty bleak world. It's even better when we get to read from his perspective in Roar and Liv.
8) Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi-Talk about a beautiful mind. The way Juliette thinks about everything demanded that I fall in love with her. She has such an awful reality, such an ugly curse and I love how it differs from her kind nature.
10) Ky from Matched by Ally Condie- The way he keeps words like they are something precious had me from the beginning. I love that he is secretly teaching Cassia how to write. Definitely made him wonderful to me.
So those are the characters that made it onto my list. Who did you choose?