Top Ten Character Who Remind Me of MyselfI'm going to cheat a bit since I'm not very good at picking out me or people I know in books. Instead, this is my list of top ten character traits that I'd like to have.
2) Katniss Everdeen's (The Hunger Games) determination- Sure Katniss was tough and smart, but what really got her through The Hunger Games was her determination to win them. She knew that if she could just survive, she'd build a better life for her and her family. It was through sheer will that she survived all the obstacles thrown her way.
3) Tris Prior's (Divergent) courage- In Divergent she had the courage to choose Dauntless over her home Faction and survive it. But it is in Insurgent that Tris truly proves her courage by taking the hard road even though it may cost her everything. By daring to defy the man she loves for what is right, Tris is one of the most courageous characters I know.
4) Juliette Ferrars' (Shatter Me) viewpoint- The thing that stunned me about Shatter Me was the beautiful writing that lay inside. Because of Juliette's situation, she saw the world in a completely different light. Sure, oftentimes it was terrible and frightening but it also held such beauty. It was in those moments of beauty that made everything else worth it.
5) Bella Swan's (Twilight) ability to love- I know I'll probably get some flack for this but I found Bella's ability to put everything else on hold for the one she loves to be beautiful. She loved fiercely and with everything she had. Had she been a stronger character or been allowed to be stronger by Edward, I think people would have admired her more. But she was a human holding onto a little sliver of the sunlight and she never let it go, even when it would have been easier to. I think that is beautiful.
6) Mara Dyer's (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) witticism- I loved Mara because she was such a dry and sarcastic character. She's like the well-scripted characters on t.v. and movies that we like to think we are. She made me die laughing every time she opened her mouth or thought something back about another character. I'd love to have that ability in real life!
I know that's only six but those are the ones that jump out of me. I'd love to see who you chose!