Top Books I've Read in 2011
2) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- This is a very close second. Sincerely, it's like a sneeze away from being first. I wanted to be friends with all these characters. Mara, Noah and Jamie had me laughing out loud and trying to figure out if Mara really was going crazy had me staying up way, way past my bedtime.
3) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- Ms. Mafi's gorgeous prose, so like poetry and so different than anything I've ever read before, makes this read a must on my list of favorites. I feel in love with Juliette and Adam and rooted for them from the beginning.
4) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- Wacky, a little strange and beautifully written, Miss Peregrine's captured my imagination. Combined with the super creepy photos, I fall in love with this novel!
5) Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake- I've always been a fan of books that are told with male narrators in YA and this horror is no different! Cas was everything I liked about both Supernatural brothers rolled into one and his adventures with Anna are awesome!
6) Wither by Lauren DeStefano- Sad, inspiring and beautifully written, Wither shocked and surprised me with its sincerity. I loved how vivacious and alive Rhine was for someone who had so little life left.
7) Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey- I cracked this novel open expected a cute, light read and what I got was something so much more. At times light, this novel is all about loss and healing. I loved every moment!
8) Across The Universe by Beth Revis- As Beth Revis says "murder mystery in space". Need I say more? Being serious though, this novel is about a lot more than catching a killer. It's a story of a girl in a completely foreign place and all alone. It's beautiful and sad and touching.
9) Matched by Ally Condie- The novel had the potential to go huge with loads of action. And yet, it's quiet. The rebellion happens in the main character in a way that is so quiet and moving.
10) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting- I wasn't expecting to like this novel nearly half as much as I did. Violet and Jay made me so happy because they are adorable together and I fell in love with Kimberly Derting's prose.
1) The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver- This is another novel I wasn't expecting to fall head over heels for. But Riley and Beck are too easy to fall in love with and the world is too well thought out not to be transported there.
2) Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs- I loved this story of mythology turned on its head with three amazing sisters.The fact the Ms. Childs could look at mythology an entirely new way than her other series really impressed me.
3) Stork by Wendy Delsol- The blend of Norse mythology, a spunky main character and an anything goes plot made this one heck of an amazing read!
4) Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers- I couldn't help but love Frannie, Luc and Gab in this vivid world that Lisa Desrochers created. Heaven, hell and everything in between hasn't been this fun in a long time!
5) From Bad To Cursed by Katie Alender- It's rare when sequels are just as good as first novels so I was pleasantly surprised to find that From Bad To Cursed brought me all the things I liked about the first novel but in a surprising and new way. Creepy and amazing, this is one novel not to be missed!
Those are my picks for 2011. What are yours?