Lend from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White is the most amazing choice of YA bachelor, and here are a few reasons why.
Grey Damon as Lend
Reasons Why Lend is the Greatest YA Bachelor Ever:
1. He can be whatever you want. Literally. Lend is a shapeshifter, so whatever your dream guy looks like, all you have to do is describe him to Lend and *poof* there he is. Height, weight, ethnicity, coloring, all of it can be changed to meet your preferences. Sound cool? I think so, too. What girl could resist the guy of her dreams?
2. He has a great personality. Unlike most of YA literature's bad boys, Lend is a total sweetheart. Not only will you love him, but so will you 95-year-old grandmother. Jerks can be sexy, but do you really want to be with one as often as their girlfriends are? Lend is easy on the ears as well as the eyes, which is definitely an important factor for any bachelor.
3. He doesn't suffer from YA Parent Syndrome. Since Lend didn't grow up in a dysfunctional family environment like the majority of YA characters these days, he isn't likely to create dysfunction in his own family if kids are your thing. They say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and Lend's "tree" is definitely not the worst imaginable.
4. He's funny. No one wants to go on a road trip with some grumpy but hot bad boy! Lend will make you laugh all day long, and instead of fighting when you're forced to be in a confined space for unimaginable amounts of time like you would with a bad boy, Lend will make the time fly.
5. He has a hobby. I know that Lend sounds like the kind of person who you want to spend all of your time with, but anyone can get a little annoying after too long, especially a jerky bad boy. Good news! You won't have to spend all of your time with Lend. Unlike the dangerous high school dropout bad boys, Lend is passionate about his art, and because of this, he'll want some time to draw instead of just staring sulkily at the wall when you feel like having some girl time.
Drew Roy as Lend
A few awesome Lend-related quotes:
"Lend?" Raquel asked.
"Yes, as in, lend me your self."
Lend was sitting on the bed eating lunch, wearing an attractive black guy.
"Easton Heights is the best show on television right now, bar none. But if it's not good enough for you"--I sniffed haughtily--"then find the movie folder." He laughed and the black guy melted off to be replaced by none other than Landon, the freaking hottest guy in the world and conniving lothario of Easton High. "Shut up!" I practically yelled. "That's awesome!"
Now it was my turn to be mildly embarrassed since the majority of the drawings were of me.
"He saved me. He freaking electrocuted himself to save me."
Vote for Lend in the following categories:
- Sweetest Nice Guy
- Favorite Supernatural Being
- Change My Mind
- Overall Favorite
Thanks to Cade from Braintasia Books for hosting Lend today! Make sure you stop back when voting opens and cast your votes! The more categories you vote for, the more entries you'll get for a chance to win one the voter's giveaway at the end of this entire event. For the schedule and more info, check out The Master Post here!